Thursday, February 23, 2012

First Letter!

Hello my dear sweet family!
I cannot believe it has only been a week since I've been gone.  It honestly feels like it's been forever.  Life at the MTC....well, everything they say IS true.  But you  really have no idea what it's like til you get there.  The food isn't getting to me yet. haha.  My companion is Sister Edwards and every day she gets a glass of water and a glass of chocolate milk.  So, I started doing that too.  It's my daily tribute to Dad.  My district used to have ten people, but two elders had to go home, so now there are eight.  There are four sisters and four elders.  I like my district a lot.  We have gotten closer since Sunday when we shared with each other some spiritual experiences we've had since we've been here.  We have a good time together, especially at meals.  You never would have thought that talking about funny movies and kid history over some cookies at lunch would be such a release.  Me and the sisters have gotten some good laughs lately.  The other sisters in my district are Sister Jones from Oregon and Sister Madril from Kanab.  They are my roommates along with two sisters from another district.  We get along really well and they are very nice.  I have seen a lot of people I know!  It is comforting but also not comforting.  Haha.  I saw Brother Ollerton again yesterday and immediately afterwards I burst into tears.  I was feeling like it was freakishly weird that I didnt cry at all before I left.  this is ME we are talking about.  I think i'm the third biggest cryer in the family...maybe fourth.  Bethanie might beat me :) So that first night of the MTC I was laying in bed feeling all homesick and stuff but I didn't even cry then.  I knew the tears would come, but I ddin't know when.  Turns out it was yesterday.  It was our first time teaching in the TRC.  It didn't go so hot.  I have so so much to learn.  But anyway.  Sister Edwards gave me some advice and calmed me down, so that was good.  I got to participate in the MTC choir for the devotional yesterday.  I have found that I miss music so much, so it was good to sing again.  We sing in district meeting, but the thing is, my district doesn't like singing!  Sad day.  I always try to encourage them to sing louder.  They found out pretty quick my love for the hymns, so now I'm the one that picks all of them and pitches them before we sing.  The elders think its fun to quiz me on hymn numbers..I'm pretty good at it, but there are some I dont know.  I got called as the Music Coordinator in my branch, so I'm grateful for that opportunity.  I got to play the hymns on Sunday.  It has never felt so good to sit down and play hymns.  I really miss it.  But hymns make me feel the spirit so strongly and I am grateful for that.  The spirit is strong here, if you have the desire to learn.  My teachers are wonderful.  They are Bro. Davis and Sis. Hoopes.  Hey if you could forward this email to Michelle and Kristen  and other friends, that would be great.  Ask Kristen to get this to Austin Kaufman cause I want to tell her that my teacher Bethany Hoopes is from Tetonia Idaho and remembers her!  I thought that was cool.  Sorry my thoughts are so scattered, I'm trying to beat the clock.  Only 16 more minutes.  Time to write letters is precious. haha.  I never understood how important letters are to missionaries.  But now I know.  Thank you so much for your loving support.  I need it greatly and pray for you each day.  I've never prayed so much in my whole life!  It feels like we pray every five minutes.  It is good though.  Some thing I learned yesterday is that we each need to go to the "edge", meaning as far as our faith can take us, in order to allow the Lord to make us fly.  Man is that hard!  I know the Lord will do it though.  He has perfect love and I know this is his work.  I can feel it in the strenght of the missionaries.  When we sing Called to Serve, I know this is cheesy but I can't even get through it because I cry so much.  I love looking around me and seeing these worthy young men and women giving their lives to the Lord.  I hope that I can increase my desire to do that as well.  It has been a roller coaster of a week. A really big adjustment for me.  I'm so grateful to have so many people that love me, I really rely on your support.  I hope everything is going well at home.  I love you all dearly.  I can't tell you how important it is to me to have loving parents who are valient in the Lord's cause to raise children with the truths of the gospel.  As simple as it is to know that we are children of God who loves us is the most amazing truth.  When we feel the most down, we can be still and know that He is God.  As we put our trust in Him, I know He will allow us to feel His spirit. 
I love you,
Sister Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment