Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter!

Dear Family and dear Friends,
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter, I really did.  It was very good and also very interesting.  I missed going to Petite Meet with yall, but heard that it was a success.  Is it still pretty cold?  It is not cold here.  I'm getting kinda nervous because it's in the 80's already and everyone is saying we're a month ahead.  I'm going to get roasted this summer.  I hear about lots of bugs that will supposedly eat me alive. Chiggers, ticks, lightning bugs, fleas, cockroaches, even tarantulas.  Let's just say I'm trying not to think about that.
 
Well, yesterday I got the opportunity to play the piano as a special musical number in church.  Mom sent me some great music and I really enjoyed the time I had to practice a little and to perform.  I really love piano.  I am in my element when I play, so I am comfortable.  I have found that I truly bear my testimony through my playing, and I think it is because I am comfortable.  I am reminded of a conference talk we heard last week- they said that we need to share the gospel in a natural and normal way.  This is crucial because that is how people will really grasp onto it.  So as I become comfortable with people by getting to know them and being a true friend, I can share the gospel with them naturally and normally. I can be comfortable not just when I play, but when I care for others.
 
After church, Sister Gladden and I went up to Glenwood which is about an hour away.  From there, a lady in the branch, Sister Burnette drove us around to our appointments.  When we were finished, we had to get back to Hot Springs for an appointment-but found out that the keys to the car were nowhere to be found.  We looked everywhere, and called all the people we had visited to see if they had fallen out there.  Nothing.  I am continually humbled and grateful for the selfless service of the people who surround me.  Sister Burnette drove us half way to Hot Springs where a lady in the Hot Springs ward picked us up.  We called the vehicle coordinator in Little Rock, Elder Pugsley, to tell him the news.  He immediately offered to drive the hour and a half from Little Rock to Hot Springs to give us a spare key.  They came last night and arrived at 10:15 pm.  From this whole experience, I was so grateful that these people immediately responded to our needs and served us with love.  This is so priceless.  The best part about it is that we can all do that for someone every day of our lives.  We really can make significant changes in the lives of others as we observe their needs and respond in a Christlike way.
 
I have seen little miracles every day this week.  One day last week, we went to a retirement home to contact a referral.  As we walked, this woman stopped us and said, "Excuse me, are you missionaries?  From the mormon church?"  We said, "Yes mam, we are."  She explained how she had been inactive for years and really wanted to get back to church but didn't know when our meetings started.  She expressed gratitude that God sent us to her because she was really lifted.  The craziest part was that she was next door neighbors with the referral we were going to contact.  She is friends with that person, and will be instrumental as we meet with him to help him receive the gospel.  On the way back from that appointment, we were walking down the street and heard someone say, "Sisters!"  We turned back in surprise to see a beautiful family.  They said, "We're mormon!"  We immediately hugged them.  We had a wonderful conversation with them.  It was awesome.  The Lord blesses us!
 
Well, have a good week.  I love you all. 
 
Love Sister Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment