Monday, October 1, 2012

I'm going to the temple!

Dear Family,
 
I get to go to the temple today..actually in 30 minutes.  So sorry that this letter will be short.  Also today Sister Carnihan is giving us a tour of St. Jude hospital.  You know the famous one that Robin Williams talks about on TV?  Yeah, it's in Memphis and she works there and is giving us a tour for our P-day.  The members here are wonderful.  I love them.  I was so grateful to them yesterday when Sammy and Steve came to church again.  They were kind to them and they feel welcome.  It's so important to just do christian things.  I loved the Relief Society broadcast on Saturday-especially when President Eyring said that when we care for others that the Lord will continue to invite us to do so.  It will sometimes be inconvenient for us, but how much greater the blessings for both us and the people we serve.  Once Jeremy told me that he never regretted any of the times he has chosen to serve in the church.  I feel the same.  In sunday school yesterday we were talking about obedience and the scripture from Mosiah 2, I think it's verse 24, that says that when we obey the commandments, God immediately blesses us.  The teacher asked if anyone had an experience with that principle.  Steve raised his hand-(I was so proud!  Missionaries feel about investigators sorta how I think moms feel about their kids) and he said that he decided to start going to church the week before and when he did, he was able to sell a freezer they had been trying to get rid of and one of the members of the church offered him a job. The blessings really were immediate.  Now, obviously it doesn't always happen this way.  But we know that Heavenly Father keeps His promises.
 
I don't think I've ever been more excited for general conference in my life.  We are inviting everyone to it.  It's going to be great.  Also, Sister Yuen is leaving us on Wednesday.  Sad sad.  I will miss her.  I don't think my life will be complete without a Hawaiian companion.  I think I might be in Bartlett for a long time..I'm not sure.  I wish I had good stories to tell you, but I can't think of anything at the moment.  Usually I write a list throughout the week so that I don't waste any time when I'm sitting at the computer.  I didn't write one this week.  It was a normal week-exciting that Sammy and Steve are progressing. Their little girl Abbie (2 yrs) is really growing on me.  I always liked her, but yesterday I think was when I realized that I loved her.  We went to their house last night and Sammy was busy making cupcakes for Sister Yuen as a going away present.  She even had little hawaiian cupcake liners.  It was sweet.  Abbie is like a hurricane sometimes so she had been banned from helping in the kitchen.  I went in the other room to play with her.  She started dancing to music and I danced with her- and I realized what a precious little girl she is.  People don't give her enough credit cause she mostly goes around ruining things.  She really is a cute kid though.  It reminds me of Max-he's a good kid.  You just gotta be patient with him and give him a chance. :)  I miss all my nieces and nephews.  Anyway, as we were eating cupcakes, I spied a cheap guitar that looked like it was from toys r us or something.  I tuned it to the best that it would go, and then for part of our spiritual thought Sister Yuen and I sang Nearer my God to Thee while I played it.  I figured no one would really notice that the guitar was still pretty out of tune.  :)  Oh well, good enough for me.  Also I got to play the organ again yesterday because Sister McCune was sick.  I also filled in for her when the ward choir sang yesterday.  It felt just like old times of ward choir in Grandview 2nd ward.  I thought mom and dad would be proud of my participation.  It was willing participation too, just so you know.
 
Well I'm going to the temple.  I love you all and pray for you. 
 
love sister wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment