Thursday, June 27, 2013

Week full of things

Dear Family,

My week was full of lots of things.  Fun things, new things, old things, hard things, special things, and things I'm glad I did.  

Fun things: Walking in the morning with Brother Bledsoe at the park next to our house was one of the highlights.    Describing this man is pretty much impossible-you have to meet him to understand the fullness.  I cherish the time I have to spend with him.  I love hearing about his exciting life, complete with stories of how he was an arson investigator, pilot, firefighter, police man...now he holds the priesthood and 4 callings!  He just got called to attend our weekly missionary coordination meetings to help us coordinate with the elders quorum.  What can I say?  I'm kind of in heaven.  Sister Jager tells me that we both light up whenever we see each other.  

George McWhorter invited us to a fish fry he was cooking at down at the baptist church in Lockesburg.  We had a big time with all the baptists. :)  The fish was good, the people were wonderful, and the best part was the singin they had at the end.  We sang a lot of old time gospel music.  I even went up to the front to sing one.  (A man named Floyd made me..I wasn't too happy about it.  I dragged my companion and Sister Burnett's grandson with me.)  We're having a branch social in Glenwood this Saturday and we invited all the baptists to come.  

New things:  Sister Hawthorn gave us some green onions from her garden.  We started making these delicious sandwiches and putting the onions on the sandwich.  I have never done that before but it's the best thing I've ever tasted!  I have been thinking about it all week.

Old things:  Do you remember my investigator from Hot Springs, Tiffany Martin?  Her mom lives in Glenwood and she was visiting the other day.  I got to see her and Cheyenna again!!  It was wonderful.  We read the scriptures together and enjoyed catching up.  Cheyenna told me that she had 3 birthday wishes.  I think the first two came true, and her third one was that she would get to see me again.  I was touched.  And it came true too!

Hard things:  I'm going to go through this fast.  Basically I had the chance to come home in July so that I could go to Brother Bledsoe's sealing in San Diego in August.  I really wanted to.  There were also other factors concerning my decision.  I prayed and told Heavenly Father that I would do whatever He wanted me to do, but asked if He would tell me what that was.  I was worried that I wouldn't receive a feeling either way.  I decided to fast and ponder about it.  When the time came to make the decision I knew what I must do.  And it is that I must stay.  I'm grateful that I received an answer to my prayer.  Even though it was not the answer I wanted.  But there are things to be done here and happiness to come I believe.

Special things:  I heard Brother Smith give a prayer in church yesterday.  As he closed in the name of Jesus Christ, I felt the spirit and power of those words and the meaning behind them.  It's incredible to think that when we pray or speak in church or impart anything in the name of Jesus Christ, we are representing His love, feelings, and characteristics.  When we have faith and believe that we are truly representing Him, the Holy Ghost can take that unto the hearts of those who will hear.  

Things I'm glad I did:  Farlene Tallant (91), a dear sister in our branch, passed away Friday evening.  We called her Sister Farlene.  I really liked Sister Farlene.  Just before she died, she gave us about 10 referrals of old friends.  She loved the Lord and His work.  We got the chance to visit her on Tuesday, and I'm so glad we did!  She was in a lot of pain but we didn't know how bad it was.  I will never forget the end of that visit, when we sang "Count Your Blessings".  She sang every word.  Off key but so sweetly.

I love you all.  Have a great week.

love sister wilde  

No comments:

Post a Comment