Friday, June 8, 2012

First Week of June

Hey All,
 
I'll start with the awesome things.  We live with awesome people.  They traded out the old washer and dryer that we had upstairs in our apartment/part of the house for a newer one. That was pretty cool.  The other ones were way old, and the dryer was super noisy.  When we got our newer ones, we found out the washer is super noisy.  So we traded out a loud dryer for a loud washer.  Doesn't bother me, it's just funny.  Also, there are waay too many raccoons around this place.  Every time they come up in conversation, I don't fail to mention my severe dislike of them. They are super creepy, nobody can deny that.  We see quite a few dead animals on the side of the road.  I'm sure you really wanted to know that.haha.  Also, turtles come out this time of year and start crossing the roads and highways. Not safe.  Sister Burnett was taking us to Glenwood church the other week, and pulled over on the highway so that she could pick up a turtle turned upside down and put him back where he was safe. She is such a sweet woman.  I will never love animals as much as she does.
 
Yesterday was an interesting day.  My mission president drove from at least an hour away to come and personally tell me the news about grandpa.  I very much appreciated this, and gained a lot of comfort and counsel from my conversation with him.  He let me call Dad too, so I definitely scored yesterday.  I cried a lot, but then when we had an appointment last night, I was able to pull it together very convincingly, if I do say so myself.  I'm doing pretty good- and I know it's because of your prayers in my behalf.  Also the priesthood blessing I received.  I feel like y'all are really taking care of me, so thank you.
 
Church yesterday was bomb!  We got Tiffany and her daughter Cheyenna to come-for their first time!  Our lessons with her have been going extremely well, and she had told us that she was searching for an "energy for God" that she couldnt' find at any of the other churches she went to.  It was testimony meeting yesterday, and all the testimonies were direct. I was praying for that.  They all testified of the Savior and His reality.  Something I thought about a lot yesterday was the Savior.  President told me that the more I increase my gratitude for who the Savior is and what He did for me, the more I will love Him and realize that I have nothing without Him.  And as I thought about it last night, I realized that the very relationships I hold dear are upheld because of the Savior.  My family is the most important thing I have on this earth- and the reason we are close in love is because of the doctrine of Christ. That is the plan to success.  Because we have built our foundation on Him, we understand how to solve problems. It is because of His atonement that we have hope for ourselves, for without an atonement, all mankind would be lost.  Without Christ, there would be no purpose to life.  That is why what President Petersen testified to me yesterday was so important-that there is a Christ. He is real, and He is the way to our peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come.  President Petersen is such a good man, I wish you could meet him.  Something I know I can always hold on to is that the Book of Mormon is true.  It really is.  I'm so grateful for it.
 
I am kind of weary about this being post all over the internet, cause I kinda poured out my soul just barely. :) Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with you all, and with Grandpa.  What an amazing example and legacy he left us.  I love you all.
 
love sister annalisa wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment