Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July

Dear Family,
 
I am sad to think about how you all are having a blast this week.  Fourth of July is my favorite holiday.  I will also have everyone know that tomorrow is my half birthday, so that is an accomplishment. :)  I hope you all have a great time at the balloons and the parade..(I'm only being a little bit sarcastic).  Send me pictures, okay?
 
Well, it is blasted hot here.  It has been over 100 degrees every day this week.  People are dropping like flies.  Literally.  Someone died here the other day because their internal temperature was 109 degrees.  Sister Gladden had an asthma attack on Friday and had to go to the ER.  JUST for being outside in the heat for 20 minutes.  It's nuts.  It's always an adventure to go to the ER though. haha.  I feel pretty cool giving her nebulizer treatments and driving her around to safety-sorta like I'm a doctor or paramedic.  Savin lives.. haha. Well not really.  But she is doing good now.  I have a horrible fear that they are going to transfer one or both of us next week.  But they can't, you see!  Because listen to this..
 
Miracles this week.
 
Tiffany and Cheyenna have been comin to church and meeting with us regularly and reading the Book of Mormon.  They have felt a lot of resistance and negativity from family members for doing this.  Last night she told us that she knew this was the adversary being mad that she is doing the right.  Tears filled her eyes as she said, "I want to set a baptismal date.  I want to be right with the Lord".  YEAH!  Like Joe always tells me "Punch Satan in the face!"  That's what she did.  I hope Joe is reading this.  I am humbled to be able to have seen the change in her since she has been gradually accepting the gospel and the blessings of the atonement in her life.  They are getting baptized August 4.
 
Brother Bledsoe has finally worked out his baptism date.  It's July 29.  He asked me and my companion to sing a special number at it.
 
On the way home from Joy's house the other night, this lady came out of her apartment as we were driving by.  Immediately, I thought of our investigator Marci.  I said, "We've got to see Marci.  Tomorrow."  Sis Gladden said, "That lady looked like Marci, didn't she."  We had had the same thought when we saw her.  The next day, we went to Marci's.  She told us she had been very depressed and had laid in bed for 3 days crying and praying.  She said, " I could feel you girls getting closer.  I knew you would come soon.  I  thought it was going to be yesterday.  But today was the day I finally got up, and then you showed up."  Wow.  As I thought about it later, I realized that I'm not sure how much that lady even looked like Marci- but just the slight resemblance was enough.  Heavenly Father had timed that just right so that we could receive the prompting to go see Marci when she needed someone.  I witnessed how Heavenly Father is the best composer in the universe-  using us as instruments to orchestrate our lives and interactions with each other in perfect harmony to bring about His eternal purposes of our peace in this world and eternal life in the world to come.
 
On Thursday I think it was, we went with the Relief Society President to see a young mother whose family is struggling very much.  We went in to the appointment thinking that we would watch Finding Faith in Christ with her.  As we sat down and began talking, it became apparent that we should go in another direction.  We didn't know what that was, but we just listened as she talked.  I always think of Dad when things like this happen because he is the best listener I know.  Somehow, with her talking and just a few questions from one of us, Sis Floyd(rs pres) was able to give wise counsel.  Her story brought me to tears.  I felt so bad for her and the situation.  At the end of our talk, we asked her to pray and plead with Heavenly Father for the things she needed.  It was a beautiful heartfelt prayer.  As we talked about it on the way home, I realized that the object had been to soften this woman's heart to come to humility and prayer.  I also realized that in the process, my heart was softened too.  I have become so grateful for a family who supports me, and that I am healthy.  I have gone to visit quite a few people in the hospital lately.  How cool is it that I don't have to be in the hospital.  It's a blessing.  I pray for those who are sick in our family.
 
I don't know if I've shared this with you, but something my mission president told me has helped me a great deal.
 
Seeds of doubt cannot be planted in grateful soil.  Seeds of worry, anxiety, fear, anger, envy, impatience...any kind of negative seeds.
 
I love you all dearly.
 
love sister annalisa wilde
 
P.S.  Elder Anderson says HI to everyone.  He thinks I'm the coolest.

No comments:

Post a Comment