Monday, December 10, 2012

A Great Miracle!!

Hello my Family!
 
Wow, what a week!  A good one.  We've seen some miracles this week.  Some great and some funny.  I will now tell them to you.  You know our recent convert Stephanie right?  Well she has a 3 yr old grandson that lives with her.  His name is Jayden.  Cute kid.  Calls us "church people".  When we knock on the door, Jayden shouts from the other side "Who is it?"  to which we respond "church people!"  Once sister B was in the bathroom and Jayden asked me, "Hey church people, where's the other church people?" hahaha.  Well we still visit Stephanie quite often.  And she has begun to be a missionary already!  She introduced us to her neighbor Debbie, who now wants to have studies with us at Stephanie's house.  She teaches her how her life has changed so much for the better because of this gospel.  She's awesome.  Well the other night we were having studies and Jayden asked for a cookie.  A few minutes later he came in and told Stephanie that he had spilled some crumbs and, get this, he asked if he could vaccuum!  Hah!  We had just gotten done talking about how some people don't teach their kids how to clean up and behave themselves.  After that thing happened she said, "See!  I train him!"  A 3 yr old vaccumming.  That's what I like to see.    After he put the vaccuum away he looked at the floor and said, "Oh Grandma, I missed a spot."  Stephanie said, "That's okay, I'll let you finish in the morning".  I told Sister Carnahan about that and she said, "Yes!  OCD children! We need them! They organize our world." I agree...but I think we've already done our part because Mom had 7.  I don't think Jeremy is very OCD but Becca made up for it by marrying Adam. :) haha.
 
A few months ago, a random lady called us and wanted us to come visit her.  Her name is Millie Marcom.  She knew some members up in Jackson and really missed the missionaries and members coming to her house.  She moved from Jackson to live here with her daughter because she was very sick.  We have visited with her a few times.  The last time we went there, we felt prompted to ask her if she wanted a priesthood blessing.  She received one.  When we went over a few days ago, her daughter informed us that she had passed away.  That made me very sad.  I loved Millie. 
On a semi-related note, not to make light of the situation:  While we were visiting with Millie's daughter Melanie, all her cats started coming in and sitting on my lap and rubbing against me..like 3 of them.  And they weren't touching Sis B at all.  Now, I don't hate cats.  I really don't.  I'm just not too fond of them.  The hair gets everywhere..and that's annoying.  I think I might be getting more charity for animals though since I've been on my mission.  Then Melanie started talking about the one black cat that wanted me to pet him.  She said, "Wow, that cat won't come around anybody he doesn't know!  You must really be a cat person!  They are a good judge of character.  They can tell you're a good person."  well..okay.
 
We met a new lady named Melodie!  She is very wonderful and is a neighbor of one of the members.  She has leukemia (I know I spelled that wrong, sorry).  We have begun teaching her.  Now, here is the miracle.  She has two cats.  One of them is named Autumn and for some reason, I really like her.  But she doesn't like me!  The only cat I've ever liked doesn't like me.  Maybe I will be able to change her mind.
 
Biggest miracle.  Despite our efforts, we haven't been able to set a baptismal date with Sammi.  But on Saturday, Steve went to be interview by our mission president with hopes of being baptized on Saturday.  Sammi wasn't on board...but after the interview, but upon finding his progress in having the interview and his excitement about getting baptized, she told us that she wanted to be baptized as well! On the same day! She said that Steve came home in such a good mood and HE CLEANED THE KITCHEN WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO! That is a miracle in and of itself. She really appreciated his efforts to do better and I think that helped her have more patience. Then she told us that she had a conversation with her sister where she began testifying of the blessings that have come since she has been going to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - she said that she didn't realize until she was telling her sister that she believed all of these things like the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith being a prophet. We are excited to be holding their baptismal service this Saturday. wooooooo!  I've been waiting for this day for so long. 
 
I have had a great time reading the conference addresses in the ensign.  I hope you are all taking advantage of that too.  I don't know what else to say except that happiness comes from living the gospel.  I really think that there just aren't two ways about it.
 
I love you all more than I can say.
 
love sister wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment