Monday, December 3, 2012

God is in everything!

Dear Family,
 
This is the warmest December I've ever experienced.  It's tripping me out. Everything is going well.  We are just plugging away and things are good.  Guess what!  I am sitting here typing in the library and totally got a new investigator. :)  This lady next to me just asked for help.  I (miraculously) was able to help her with this computer stuff.  She kept saying, "I love you!  You are beautiful!" Then as I introduced myself, she looked at my name tag and said, "my daughter has been wanting to go to that church!  I have sunday off, we will be there! "  No way.  She said, "God is in everything!".  He sure is.
 
Get this.  I should get the diligent missionary award because guess what I started doing.  I have started writing scriptures on little notecards and memorizing them while I exercise in the mornings.  I started this past week and I've already memorized close to 10 I think.  Most of the ones I've memorized so far have been scriptures about the apostacy.  Well this has prompted the invention of a sweet awesome game.  The other day, Sis B was touching her ear like it was hurting her.  She had a pretty bad ear infection a while ago, so I asked her if her ear hurt.  She said "No, it just itches".  I said, "Well you know what that means don't you?"  ..."no..".  "Apostacy.  2 Timothy 4:3-4  For the times will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their own lusts they shall heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.  I'm brilliant!"  She wasn't even impressed.  But I was.  I then created the scripture quoting game.  It's awesome.  I've already started a page in my journal about it.  She doesn't really want to play, but I will help her to want to. :)
 
I just got to do something really cool.  Today our district leader called and asked if we wanted to come and help work on the temple.  The temples get new carpets every 5-10 years and it is time for the Memphis temple to get new carpets.  We helped move furniture and rip out carpets and vaccuum the floor after they ripped the carpet out.  It was way fun.  We were talking with some of the workers.  Their job is to go to temples all around the world and lay carpets.  How cool is that?  They get their trips paid for and they travel to really cool places.  They just got back from Australia.  Next year they are going to Paraguay and Tahiti and other cool places.  I was grateful to have such a great opportunity to help with working in the temple-I don't know if a lot of missionaries get to do that.  We were just in the right place at the right time.  It was really fun.  I was also grateful to be able to be in the house of the Lord and know that love and peace and joy can be found there.  It can be found for all who live the gospel of Jesus Christ.  There is a lot of crap in the world, but when we cast off our sins, we can experience the peace of the Savior and not be afraid even in this world of wickedness.
 
I have recently gotten a complaint about my long letters....:) haha just kidding. It wasn't really a complaint.  But I actually have to make this one short because the computer kicks me off soon.  I love you all.  Seeing some people in some pretty crappy family situations lately has caused me to cherish my wonderful family even more.  God doesn't even need to bless me with anything else my whole life cause He already gave me the biggest blessing I can imagine.  Thank you for supporting me and praying for me.  I can feel your prayers.
 
love always,
sister annalisa wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment