Monday, January 7, 2013

I know why I'm here.

Dear Family,
 
I have experienced the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ this week.  I know why I'm here.  I learned much and received revelation.  Did you know that you can receive revelation every day if you wanted to?  This scripture has come to mean much to me.  "Ask and it shall be given unto you.  Seek and ye shall find.  Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  For everyone that asketh, receiveth. And he that seeketh, findeth.  and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.  Or what man is there of you, who if his son ask bread will give him a stone?  Or if he ask a fish will he give him a serpent?  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your father who is in heaven give good gifts to them that ask Him?" (3 Nephi 14:7-11).  I have seen true miracles this week.  One is with my companion.  Earlier this week, we were driving in the car, laughing hysterically about something like we normally do, and then all of a sudden something dawned on me.  It was one of those lightbulb moments.  I realized, Oh my gosh, I love Sister Bridgewater SO much!  I need to tell her.  But wait, I have to find a way that she wont think is too corny cause she doesn't like that stuff.  So I decided to say, "Hey, I need to tell you something.  But don't freak out cause it might be kind of cheesy."  she was like "uhh okay.."  and I told her how much I loved her.  And then I haven't been able to stop crying since.  I don't cry constantly..but it's kinda funny how easily I cry.  It's not dramatic crying, it's spirit crying.  Which is okay cause that's the quiet kind of crying.  Today we were doing our daily white handbook reading and we got to the part about transfers where it says, "If your companion is transferring but you are staying in the area, make arrangements with your district or zone leader so that you are never alone".  But since I was the one reading that part, I took my own liberties and said, "If your companion is transferring but you are staying in the area, make arrangements so that your companion never gets on the plane." hahaha.  I bet I could do it.  She underestimates me.  mwahahahaha.
 
Sis B taught me how to rely on the Savior this week.  I was feeling really horrible yesterday, but knew I needed to help someone else so that I could stop focusing on myself. We were able to see an investigator that we haven't been able to make contact with in a while, and it was healing to me. Shelly was just the person I needed to see. We felt the spirit together.  I didn't realize til Sis B pointed out to me that that was the answer to my prayer.  It sounds simple, but there's really a whole lot more to it than just that...you can't really describe what it's like to feel the spirit or how you know that God is real or Jesus is the Christ.  But I do know that when you exercise faith by reading the scriptures, going to church, and praying, no matter how little faith you may feel you have, you can know.  By the power of the Holy Ghost, you can know.
 
We went on exchanges this week.  First one I've ever done! I got to go to Collierville and serve with Sister Yuen.  It was great fun.  The exchange was inspired, and I will tell you why.  We went to see this part member family called the Millers that Sis Yuen has been wanting to see for quite some time, but had never met.  We went there, and the husband, Kyle, answered the door.  He immediately invited us in.  We met his wife and his two kids.  It was kind of awkward...they didn't say much, and we were fueling the whole conversation.  But I knew that it wasn't the kind of awkward that is like "get out of here..why are you still here" it was more like they didn't know what to say.  
    Interlude:  The day before, Sis Tumanuvao (sis yuen's comp) was asking us if we had ever met someone with one of those faces that you just automatically love.  I totally know people that I just automatically love.  The first person that came to mind was Elliot.
           I will now return to the story.  As we talked with Kyle, I realized that he reminded me so much of Elliot.  Not just because he had a wicked beard like elliot does, but something about his eyes-I just felt so deeply that I wanted him to be happy and that I would do anything to help him be happy-which is how I feel when I look at Elliot.  So I told kyle that he reminded me of my brother Elliot and that Elliot was really cool.  Sis Yuen said she thinks it touched him.  I asked them if they would like to take the missionary lessons.  Kyle looked at his wife, smiled, and they both said yes.  It was a sincere yes-something you don't see that often.  Anyway, I just know that meeting that family was not an accident.  I pray they will find what they know they are missing.
 
Real quick.  I wanted to update you on dear Bro Bledsoe.  He is doing so well! He gave his first talk in sacrament meeting last week! He has finished reading the Book of Mormon and the D&C and is now on to the Pearl of Great Price. They are doing temple prep classes, and all is on track for their goal of being sealed in the temple later this year. What a precious miracle I have witnessed.
 
I love you all. 
 
love sister wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment