Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Long Week

Hey Family,

I'm not gonna lie-this has been the longest week of my life. Well actually I decided it was the 3rd longest. The 2nd longest being the first week at the MTC. I wonder how Cameron liked the MTC. It was great and everything, but I cannot tell you how happy I was to leave. It seems like that just barely happened. It floors me that it was almost a year ago. Sis Edwards and Sis Madril (the girls I came out with) are two of my favorite people. We have become great friends, although I don't get to see them much. I used to see Sis Madril more, but she isn't in my zone anymore. I have only seen sis Edwards once my whole mission! They are actually companions right now in Searcy AR. I think it's crazy that I was with my first comp for 6 months, and now my second comp for comin up on 6 months. A new comp will be a good change...but you all know how much I like change. I am staying in my area for a few more transfers though, for which I am happy. I really love these wards.


People frequently ask us when the huge wave of sisters will come. Obviously, it won't come all at once. But this coming transfer, we will have the largest number of incoming missionaries- 20, including 3 sisters. Next transfer after that, there will be 8 sisters. So basically everyone who is not training next transfer will train the next one after that. My time is running short...President talks about having an urgency in the work. It is easier for me to feel that now than it was a few months ago, although I always tried to have that urgency.

 
Stephanie is doing amazing!!! She has a testimony of attending church every sunday. Last sunday in gospel principles we were talking about how Christ can change the desires of our hearts. Stephanie doesn't usually comment or volunteer to read in class...she's been trying to get more comfortable. Well to our pleasant surprise, she raised her hand and said, "I used to desire the night clubs, and the drinking, and smoking drugs, and now I desire to follow Christ." Simply and clearly taught. That's all she had to say. The spirit confirmed her testimony. A few days ago, we taught the first lesson to her two sons Jeremy and Martez. I am hopeful that they will see the miracle of their mother's conversion and choose to follow her example. She certainly prays earnestly for them.

 
I got a call from the executive secretary on Friday at 9:00 pm. He said, "so..we had someone all lined up to speak on sunday, and now she can't. Brother Riddle said, "call sister wilde, she'll do it". So I spoke in church on sunday. It's only been a few months since I spoke in that ward. I think they are getting sick of me. It was my first time ever being the concluding speaker. I'm pretty sure they won't ask me again...don't ask...:)


Although it was a hard week, we saw miracles in our area. We found 11 new investigators-a personal high for us. We worked way harder this week than we have before and have seen the results. I've been thinking lately about something a lady in our ward said. It's sister robison-probably like one of my top 5 heros. Becca is still first though :) She said that happiness is a direction. Sometimes I feel like I know what I want or what I think will make me happy. Being on a mission, I have to sacrifice some of those things...but I must trust that my sacrifice to be obedient to the Lord is my act of faith to first seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and know He will then add everything else I need.

 
I love you all. I am grateful for your prayers.


love sister wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment