Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Mothers Day!



Dear Family,
 
It was so nice to see you yesterday.  I really wish we could have gotten Becca and Jeremy's family on there too..oh well I guess.  They will just have to come to Utah in August.  :)  I'll try not to get my hopes up too high, but they have really got to come because their kids are getting way too big.  They did not ask my permission to get older.  haha.  Anyway..it really was nice to talk to you all.  I have been in Lakeland for 3 weeks now.  It's pretty nice I suppose. The best thing about living at the Longshores is that they have really nice laundry detergent that makes my clothes really soft and smell wonderful.  It's downy.  Also Rosie, the blind dog.  And the Longshores of course. :)  The ward is very nice- I like that I can make lots of little connections because I know everyone in Bartlett too.  Last night we went to dinner at the Thomas's house.  They are one of those families that have been here in Memphis forever and they have a bunch of family.  I knew one of the grandsons and his family in Bartlett 1st ward.  His wife Micaela invited us to dinner at the grandparent's house.  The grandparents live in Lakeland ward.  It was really fun to see Micaela again.  She was one of the people in Bartlett who was truly an answer to prayer.  I don't know if that story made any sense..but I had a nice time at dinner.  
 
This week we did a lot of finding.  I think I have actually gotten way better at talking to anyone and everyone.  Most of the time I really don't want to do it, but when I choose to do it, I meet the nicest people!  Then I am so glad that I decided to open my mouth.  There are so many people we pass by every day-and when we don't talk to them, we never know if we could have made a great friend or shared a special experience with them.  This weekend we met the nicest people.  I met an 84 yr old man named Willie while he was fishing.  We met Manny from Mexico and Supriya from India.  I am hoping they will allow us to come back and share the spirit with them.  I think these ones will.  On Saturday as we walked down the street, we saw a lady(probably mid 20s) and a little girl who looked about 5 or 6 sitting out on their driveway.  We tried to talk to her...she wasn't having it.  I asked if we could give her a card.  She said no at the same time the little girl nodded her head and said yes.  Then she looked at the older girl and said "yes, please?"  I didn't want to give her a card because the older lady said no, so we thanked them and walked away.  About a minute later the little girl ran up to us and asked if she could have a card.  So I gave her a picture of Jesus.  It was really sweet.
 
We are starting to teach this guy named Phill.  He is the nicest southern man I think I've met on my mission.  Well, one of the nicest.  We went over yesterday to give him a ticket to Gladys Knight.  As we talked with him, he started talking about how the Jehovah's Witnesses come to his house every couple weeks, but that he hadn't seen them in quite a while.  They finally came over last week and Phill said to them, " Patrick, where have ya been?  The mormons done got you beat!  They got these cutie pie girls comin over now."  hahahahaha.  He said the Jehovah's witnesses were nice but the mormons have got his heart.  I think there really is such a thing as sister charm.
 
I hope all is well at home.  I love you all.
 
sister wilde     
 
ps.  I had to tell you..While we were walking on Saturday, we heard the sound of an ice cream truck.  Sister Williams said, "oh my gosh!", and turns around in amazment as the truck passes us on the street.  She then told me that that was the first time she has ever seen an ice cream truck.  In. her. whole. life.

No comments:

Post a Comment